Retail product fulfilment service is the process of receiving, packaging and shipping orders for retail products. Generally, it is seen that people often use the term warehouse and fulfilment but it actually has different connotation. The retail product fulfilment centre is actually a physical location in a particular city from which the e-commerce retailer can complete the order of its customer.
The retail product fulfilment centre is mainly situated in almost all big cities so that the retailer can complete the online orders of the customers in a timely manner. With the help of retail product fulfilment it has now become possible to get the online orders at your doorstep. In order to fulfil the orders of the customer the inventors of the e-commerce business need to be stored strategically in third party logistics or 3PL. Once the shopper completes the purchase especially in an e-commerce store it is generally seen that the inventory is picked and once it is picked the boxes are packed and labelled for the shipment.
There are a number of retail product fulfilments such as Aero Fulfillment in the market. Most of the retail product fulfilment can process both Businesses to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C). Generally it is seen that warehouses are mostly static or inactive but the fulfilment centre generally has continuous movements and its operation is much more complex operation. In the retail product fulfilment centre, the third party logistics offers a variety of order fulfilment services and it includes receiving inventory, shipping orders, packing boxes, kitting as well as assembling items, generating pick lists and picking products, managing returns, etc.
Benefits of retail product fulfilments
The retail product fulfilments have come up with a lot of advantages such as:
- The retail product fulfilments centre eliminates the necessity of storing inventory as well as packing boxes. It is not always possible to manage a physical space for every kind of retail option or it may not be ideal as well. Apart from that, there are a number of e-commerce businesses which wants to avoid the hassle of storing inventory. It is not always possible to deal with the warehouse. Moreover, instead of packing the box and going to the post office every day for shipping the delivery it is always better to avail of the retail product fulfilments centre.
- With the retail product fulfilments centre, you will not require to keep up your increasing order volume. Apart from that, the retail product fulfilments centre also helps you to spend less time worrying about packing supplies as well as post office lines and giving more time back for growing the business. While you take the service of retail product fulfilments centre you do not need to spend time on order fulfilment rather you can concentrate on marketing, customer service, as well as on product management. Thus retail product fulfilments centre also helps the e-commerce business to be more strategic.
- With the help of a retail product fulfilments centre, the seller can also be more productive in some other areas of the business. The retail product fulfilments companies can drive huge efficiencies in almost everything starting from the low shipping rates to the number, size as well as the location for their fulfilment centres.
- The retail product fulfilments centres receive inventory, sort, and shelf products as far as the respective bin shelf or pallet location is concerned. One of the most essential functions of the retail product fulfilments centre is to turn over stock at a quick interval and ship the order as efficient as possible. Most of the retail product fulfilments centre also offers technology for helping e-commerce business to manage their inventory. It may also include an inventory tracking tool with the help of which it becomes possible to know when to proactively reorder the product so that the retailer can prevent the stock out.
- The retail product fulfilments centres provide an expedited delivery option and that includes same-day shipping as well as two-day shipping. However, the exact delivery of the product to the ultimate customer will exactly depend on the geographic location of the fulfilment centre, the technology that the retail product fulfilments centre has and the carrier that the retail product fulfilments used.
It is seen that with the help of the retail product fulfilments centre such as aero fulfilment, it becomes possible for the retailer to manage the inventory efficiently and also at a very cost-effective rate. With the retail product fulfilments centre, it becomes possible for the company to ship the orders out to the customers in a short interval. Thus, their customer services as well as inventory management of those companies are improving with this retail product fulfilments centre.